Please help us improve the quality of example sentences! Edit on Github

你太小题大做了。You made mountains of molehills.

那么华理克为什么如此小题大做呢?So why all the fuss about Warren?

Other words in sentence

那么,何来国会的小题大做?So, why all the fuss on the Hill?

或者只是小题大做?Or was it just a storm in a teacup?

不要小题大做。Don't make a mountain out of molehill.

不要小题大做。Don’t make mountains out of molehills.

不要小题大做。Don‘t make a mountain out of a molehill.

Other words in sentence

也许你会认为这有点小题大做了。Maybe you think it's overstating the problem a bit.

这又是一个小题大做的机器,这台机器的样子将会像码头一样。Another Rube Goldberg machine, it was to be built like a pier.

这样做会不会小题大做,让你感觉有点儿别扭?Does that strike you as nannyish and make you a little queasy?

我们梳理我们的内在世界,拯救我们许许多多的小题大做。We’ll unclutter our inner world save ourselves a lot of drama.

拿小题大做和飞短流长填补生活中怨天尤人之外的空虚。When not complaining, her drama and gossip will fill the void.

Other words in sentence

不管怎么说,我不想小题大做,所以我决定只当没看见算了。Anyway, I didn't want to make a fuss, so I decided to ignore it.

外局人或认为我们小题大做、无事生非。To an outsider, they may say that we are much ado about nothing.

如果想要避免冲突,不要小题大做。Don't make mountains out of molehills if you want to avoid conflict.

这篇文章不过两千字而已,别再小题大做了!It's only a 2000 word essay -stop making a mountain out of a molehill!

我觉得这是个人隐私吧。他们干么这么小题大做啊。I think it is something private. Why did they have to make it such a fuss?

Other words in sentence

隔壁的夫妇经常吵架,但多数是小题大做。The couple next door are always quarrelling but it is usually a storm in a teacup.

你只是扭了一下手腕,哪有摔断胳膊。别小题大做了。Your “broken arm” was only a sprained wrist. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill.

所有的小题大做让我觉得人们也许有点高估自我评价这个东西。All the fuss got me to thinking that the whole self-evaluation thing is maybe a tad overrated.