Use '惟恐' in a sentence
Please buy me a coffee to support JiYu Example Sentences.
We spent many times for collecting example sentences for '惟恐' in Chinese and English. With '惟恐' in sentences, You can learn make sentence with '惟恐'.
Do you want an offline version of JiYu Example Sentences? Click here to sign up! Buy it now for just $99 after the discount and it will revert to $139 later.
Please help us improve the quality of example sentences! Edit on Github
乔治惟恐失去他的财产。George is jealous of his possessions.
我关上窗户惟恐下雨。I closed the windows lest it should rain.
Other words in sentence
他们低声耳语惟恐被人听见。They spoke in whispers lest they should be heard.
汤姆惟恐印江?乔埃永远也捉拿不到。Tom was afraid Injun Joe would never be captured.
惟恐我在路途失迷,引领我回家!If Thou'lt only lead me, Father, Lead me gently home.
男孩很小声说话,惟恐霍尔先生责怪他。The boy spoke in whisper lest Mr. Hall would blame him.
他凶残成性,恶名远播,人们总是避之惟恐不及。His brutal nature, notorious, it is always less than fear.
Other words in sentence
他拼命地干活惟恐被老板解雇。He worked hard for fear that he might be fired by the boss.
我为你们害怕.惟恐我在你们身上是枉费了工夫。I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.
他父亲,惟恐人家看见他,便待在这柱子后面。The father kept behind a pillar, so that he might not be seen.
他高兴工作,惟恐落在他人后面。He is working hared for fear that he should fall behind others.
我为你们害怕,惟恐我在你们身上是枉费了工夫。I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
Other words in sentence
她再三解释,惟恐大家误会了她。She explained again and again lest others should misunderstand her.
母亲踮起脚尖走进房间,惟恐惊醒正在熟睡的宝宝。The mother tiptoed into the room for fear that she should wake up her sleeping baby.
他当然知道,就是为了制造新闻,惟恐天下不乱。I'm sure he understood, but he had to make affairs, being eager for the fray. Nonsense!
光阴似箭,我惟恐抓不住这飞逝的时光,让岁月来塑造我美好的心灵。Time flies, I fear to seize this fleeting time, so that years to shape my beautiful soul.
我的双眼保持着眺望,我的双耳仔细的聆听,惟恐疏忽错过。My an eye keeps to look beyond, Myan ear is careful to listen, fearing the negligence miss.
Other words in sentence
我觉得浑身发抖而又害怕,象一个惟恐嫁不出去的姑娘似的。I feel all over trembulation and fear, like a maid that thinks she's not going to be married.
对于宏图伟业,我们不能因为眼见得目标渺茫,惟恐其困难多多,就瞻前顾后,疑虑重重。Great undertakings are not to be brooded over, lest their difficulty when seen causes despair.
我觉得浑身发抖而又害怕,像个惟恐嫁不出去的姑娘似的。I feel all over trembulation and fear, like a maid that thinks she's not a'goin' to be married.