Use '对牛弹琴' in a sentence
Please buy me a coffee to support JiYu Example Sentences.
We spent many times for collecting example sentences for '对牛弹琴' in Chinese and English. With '对牛弹琴' in sentences, You can learn make sentence with '对牛弹琴'.
Do you want an offline version of JiYu Example Sentences? Click here to sign up! Buy it now for just $99 after the discount and it will revert to $139 later.
Please help us improve the quality of example sentences! Edit on Github
对他讲笑话是对牛弹琴。Jokes are lost on him.
不要对牛弹琴。Don't cast pearls before swine.
Other words in sentence
莫将珍珠投猪。/不要对牛弹琴。Do not cast your pearls before swine.
你的劝告对那个男孩来说是对牛弹琴。Your advice is chucked away on that boy.
你简直是在对牛弹琴。You are just casting pearls before swine.
如果你没看它,那我就成对牛弹琴了。If you didn't read it, I'm talking to the wall.
跟他说话就象是对牛弹琴。Talking to him is like player the lute to a cow.
Other words in sentence
现在我觉得我只是在对牛弹琴罢了。Now I think I was just casting pearls before swine.
稍等片刻,先生们,我还有几句话要讲,不会是对牛弹琴吧。Wait just a minute, gentlemen, I have a few more pearls to cast.
她在他们面前读莎士比亚的著作,简直就是对牛弹琴。She read them Shakespeare, but it was casting pearls before swine.
“对牛弹琴”这句话,含有讥笑对象的意思。The saying "to play the lute to a cow" implies a gibe at the audience.
“对牛弹琴”这句话,含有讥笑对象的意思。The saying 'to play the flute to a cow' inplies a gibe at the audience.
Other words in sentence
别给他们解释你的理论。你就是在对牛弹琴。Don't explain yur theory to them. You're just like casting pearls before swine.
他跟他妻子讲解那音乐之美,可是这无异于对牛弹琴。He explained the beauty of the music to her but it was casting pearls before swine.
他太骄傲了,不会接受你的建议的,你只在对牛弹琴。He is too proud to accept your suggestion, you are casting your pearls before swine.
他向她讲解那音乐的妙处,可是这无异于对牛弹琴。He explained the beauty of the music to his wife but it was casting pearls before swine.
编者将其译为“向那帮家讲解沙士比亚是白费劲,简直像对牛弹琴一样。”由于。No use trying to explain Shakespeare to those guys. It's just casting pearls before swine.
Other words in sentence
我经常参考我的教学计划,但是我经常感觉我只不过仅仅是“对牛弹琴”。I often refer to my "Academic Writing Unit Plan, " but I often feel that I'm only "preaching to the choir.
我再也不会给约翰提建议了,因为他根本听不进去。我可不想对牛弹琴。I won't waste good advice on John anymore because he never listens to it. I won't cast pearls before swine.
我不再白费口舌劝约翰了,因为他从不听劝。我决不再对牛弹琴了。I won't waste good advice on John any more because he never listens to it. I won't cast pearls before swine.