Please help us improve the quality of example sentences! Edit on Github

他只是一个乐于拍马屁的人。He's just a brown-noser.

他公开地对老板拍马屁。He openly crawled to the boss.

Other words in sentence

我痛恨他拍马屁的恭维。I hate his smarmy compliments.

拍拍马屁会让你心想事成Flattery Will Get You Everywhere

当我讨上司欢心的时候,我是拍马屁。When I please my boss, I am ass-kissing.

拍马屁者的喉咙就是打开的坟墓。A flatterer's throat is an open sepulcher.

和你谈话的那人是一个拍马屁的人。The man with whom you talked is a apple polisher.

Other words in sentence

哪里有拍马屁的,那里就有傻瓜。Where there is a flatterer, there is also a fool.

不要和他走得太近。他只是一个乐于拍马屁的人。Don't get too close to him. He's just a brown-noser.

你的同事可能会认为你这是在拍马屁,但那又怎么样呢?Your colleagues may think you are a toadie, but so what?

拍马屁对我没用,你这厚颜无耻的家伙!Flattery will get you nowhere with me, you impudent fellow!

你单靠拍马屁是得不到提升的。You are not going to get that promotion just by brown-nosing.

Other words in sentence

那我不知道「拍马屁」的意思,但余下的是对的。So I don't know what "sycophant" means, but the rest is right.

用拍马屁和谄媚的态度来取悦,引起注意。To seek favor or attention by flattery and obsequious behavior.

对于有良心的教师,拍马屁的学生实在讨厌极了。Apple polishers are a pain in the neck to conscientious teachers.

不用拍马屁,你应该专心把自己的工作做好。Without kowtowing, you should concentrate on doing your own job well.

当人们形容那些善于拍马屁的人时,这些都是温和的贬义词。These are all terms of mild opprobrium when directed at the flatterer.

Other words in sentence

以下十条简单的方法会让你的上司喜欢你,并且不会让你背上拍马屁的恶名。Here are ten simple ways to make your boss like you without sucking up.

他就是因为拍马屁才得到了提升。He got the promotion just because he was a bootlicker to the higher-ups.

吉拉德正在给另一位美国总统拍马屁!And where are all you Labor supporters now that Gillard is brown nosing another US President?